2017 KING GEORGE FISHING DERBY OFFICIAL RULES
1) Event Check-in/Late Registration will take place on Friday, September 15, 4-8 PM, at American Legion Post 374, 3932 Route 9L, Lake George, NY. Awards and Closing Ceremony will also take place there at 4 PM on Sunday, September 17.
2) The King George Fishing Derby, hereby known as the Derby, will be held September 16 & 17, 2017; permitted fishing hours will be as follows: Saturday 6 AM-6 PM, Sunday 6 AM-2 PM.
3) There will be four categories of fish eligible for prizes in the Derby, with an Adult Division for all four species: Lake Trout, Landlocked Salmon, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass; and a Junior Division for each of three species: Lake Trout, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass.
4) The minimum sizes for entry in the Derby will be as follows: Lake trout: 27” for Adults, 23” for Juniors. Landlocked salmon: 22” for adults, no Junior category. Largemouth and Smallmouth bass: 16” for Adults, 12” for Juniors. A phone hotline or internet site shall be checked before fish are brought to a weigh station unnecessarily.
5) There will be three weigh-in locations for the Derby: 1) LG Village – Public Docks 2) Bolton Landing – Rogers Memorial Park 3) Hague – Town Docks. Weigh stations will close 30 minutes after fishing ends each day.
6) All fish entered in the Derby must be caught in the waters of Lake George, NY during the hours listed above.
7) Registration Fees for the 2017 King George Fishing Derby will be as follows: $50 Adult, $30 Junior. Fees are non-refundable.
8) ALL OCCUPANTS of a boat/vessel must be registered for the Derby in order to participate.
9) Derby entrants must comply with all State and Local regulations and laws: NYSDEC, LGPC, etc. A valid NYS Fishing License is required for anglers 16 years of age or older. Any entrant found to be in violation will be subject to disqualification without refund.
10) Winners in each category for the Derby will be based on the weight of entered fish; length will be used as the first tie breaker, earliest weighed-in as the second tie breaker.
11) Each fish entered in the Derby will require a witness of the catch that is also registered in the Derby. A signed affidavit verifying the catch will be required for both the angler and the witness at weigh-in.
12) A digital photo of the angler and fish on or near the water must be taken immediately after catching the fish, to be submitted before 3:30 PM on Sunday, September 17 in order to be considered for prizes. The photo must show a background readily identifiable as being a part of Lake George.
13) A polygraph (lie detector) examination for winners may be required upon request of the Judges. Any entrant failing to comply with the request will be disqualified from the Derby; the Judges may also disqualify an entrant based on the results of the examination.
14) Any Derby entrant found importing fish from another body of water, misrepresenting a fish’s weight, attempting to alter a fish’s weight or manipulate the fish in any manner to achieve a change in weight will be subject to disqualification by the Judges without refund.
15) All fish entered in the Derby will be inspected by the Judges and their rulings will be considered final. Fish must be fresh, not frozen, when entered and it is recommended that fish be brought to a weigh station soon after being caught to avoid scrutiny.
16) In order to be eligible for the Junior Division of the Derby, an angler must be under 16 years of age when the derby ends on Sunday.
17) Each Derby entrant will be eligible for only one major prize, not including raffles or other prize drawings.
18) All entrants in the Derby must be present at the awards ceremony at 4 PM on Sunday to win door prizes, including drawings. Category prizes will be mailed if necessary.
19) No person directly associated with the King George Fishing Derby, or a member of the Derby committee supervising the Derby will be eligible for prizes.
20) Each Derby entrant agrees to hold the King George Fishing Derby Committee, the Lake George Fishing Alliance Board of Directors, The FUND for Lake George, The Lake George Association, The Lake George Chamber of Commerce and all King George Fishing Derby sponsors, their agents, employees and volunteers harmless from any liability of any nature for any injuries and/or damage suffered by the contestant in conjunction with the King George Fishing Derby.
21) Prize winners shall permit the King George Fishing Derby unlimited use of his or her name and photos for marketing and publicity purposes. Winners shall be responsible for paying all applicable taxes.